I love layering textures–whether it be in clothing, decor, or (well, of course) cuisine. We are naturally drawn to smooth and comfortable fabrics, which is what makes leather such an amazing accent texture for this spring and summer. I love the idea of a leather pencil skirt, paired with a clean blouse and sleek pony, for a ‘chic’ office look. ;-) A leather bangle is something you could wear daily–both dressed up, and dressed down.
1. Laser-cut Leather Shirt, $562 (matchesfashion.com)
2. Sara Berman Leather Pencil Skirt, $212 (theoutnet.com)
3. Cap Toe Leather Pumps, $199 (jcrew.com)
4. Vince Camuto Leather Bangle, $78 (vincecamuto.com)
I love this season’s shamelessly sparkly jewels. In sherbet hues, they look almost good enough to eat–like a candy necklace. My all-time favorite is J. Crew’s color mix statement necklace. It looks youthful like something I could have worn as a child, but sophisticated enough that Jackie Kennedy would have totally rocked it.
1. Tom Binns Soft Power Necklace, $3,010 (forwardforward.com)
2. Color Mix Statement Necklace, $165 (jcrew.com)
3. Neon Rose Crystal Necklace, $129 (jcrew.com)
4. Pastel Ziegfeld Necklace, $36 (baublebar.com)
A maxi dress is one of my favorite summer trends, because a shapely black maxi is so versatile and easy to wear. For day: pair it with a fedora, a straw purse, and a leather sandal for a casual market look. For night: dress it up with a pair of wedges or a jeweled sandal, a bright clutch, and sleek bun. A pop of color on the lips goes a long way, too. However you choose to wear it, you’ll feel elongated and lean in a black maxi this summer. Enjoy these four great options.
1. Top Shop Cutout-Back Maxi Dress, $110, (topshop.com)
2. River Island Rihanna Thigh Split Cami Maxi Dress, $70, (riverisland.com)
3. J. Crew Kimono-Sleeve Maxi Dress, $70, (jcrew.com)
4. River Island Black Waisted Cami Dress, $31, (riverisland.com)